Last Blog of 2007!

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Actually, that second part is a lie. When it comes down to it, 2007 was a pretty good year all around.

It started with a slight hangover and a cup of hot chocolate with my dear friend Ruchi at the Tea Lounge in Park Slope. On top of my hot chocolate, the barista made two interlocking hearts of cocoa which she and I took to be an omen of things to come. While I end 2007 single, there has been much love and good will in my life this year. I've made some fantastic new friends and met some brilliant and inspiring people. I reconnected with a dear friend from college who lives nearby but who I didn't see for years. (Foolish!)

I started the year living in a rental apartment and am now the proud owner of a lovely Brooklyn Co-op apartment, in spite of our seriously crap plumbing and the fact that I had to shower at the gym yesterday to avoid flooding my downstairs neighbor's basement (yes, three floors down!). My neighbors are lovely, I'm healthy and happy, and gosh darnit, people like me.

So far, all factors indicate 2008 will be pretty kick-ass too. I'll finally finish painting that hallway, replace the light in the bedroom and maybe even take up spinning classes again. Although that last one is pretty ambitious...

What are your big plans for '08?

Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular Posts