Edamame or lima beans?

This was the thought I had while standing in line at FreshCity, waiting for the guy in front of me to stop talking on his cell phone and take his turn at the salad bar. There are so many things wrong with this situation that I don't even know where to begin...

Let me start with the rudeness involved in getting into the salad bar line while on the telephone. First, you're obviously doing something else and the salad bar requires both hands. Second, you're in close quarters, in line with other hungry human beings, and you're having a personal conversation, loudly, with someone who isn't in line with you. And finally, it's annoying.

So, when phone-guy gets off the phone, he starts walking past the entire salad bar, slowly looking at each bin of food. What does he do? Walk all the way to the end and fill a small bowl with cantaloupe, and moves on.

I was not pleased.

The second issue I had at Fresh City today: were these soy beans (edamame, the label said) or were they lima beans?

At least I'm not hungry anymore.

Comments

Popular Posts