Serial ATA II and Rosemary plants

No, I don't know what the first part of that means either, and I spent all morning at a luncheon to talk about it. I just sat there, eating my cold roast beef and smiling. Wishing I had just gone to the office and played Snood.

No! I don't Snood at work, but the event did keep me from talking about today.

On my way home, I stopped by the Home Depot, your neighborhood repository for the necessities for any project you could come up with. I've been known to do some room painting, the occasional thing-hanging, and today I did some gardening. In addition to roses and other annuals, the Home Depot has herbs. Fresh, springy herb plants just waiting to be taken home and nurtured until (you guessed it!) they become food.

Growing your own herbs can lead to Rosemary chicken, Emeril's bacon-wrapped trout with tomato-thyme butter sauce, all kinds of things. And no, you don't have to be Martha Stewart. I keep mine on a windowsil in my apartment. No actual garden to speak of.

So, give it a try. Grow your own herbs. You'll like it. I promise. For the truly ambitious, start from scratch.

Comments

Popular Posts